Thursday, September 24, 2009

Google Adsense playing dirty with publishers

All of us know that Google Adsense is a million dollar source for bloggers all over the world, it is one of the only ad networks which has its inventories always full and it also gives a wide range of products for bloggers to monetize their blogs in other ways. In the past few years Adsense has got a lot of praise and fame, but recently I feel Adsense is getting spoilt and is also slowly loosing reputation.




Everyone says that Adsense is easy to get into, but let me tell you that I had to create 7 mail ids to apply for Adsense 7 times and till today, my website hasn't been approved. First I thought it was only me who was facing such problems, but later when I surfed through other forums I realized that is truly playing dirty with new and also some old publishers. I have also heard that Adsense has also banned some publishers for silly reasons, and 5 to 6 also wrote that they haven't received their payments for 4 months, so then I was sure that I wasn't the only one facing such problems, so I decided to write about it in detail. The first time I applied adsense rejected it telling that my blog has to be at least 6 months old to get accepted, but even after 6 months they rejected it telling that they are not accepting any one into their program currently. 

Why is Google doing this?
The answer to this is not very clear, but I think it was the global financial crisis that got into it, Google hasn't been effected much with the crisis as much as Yahoo or Microsoft, Google continued to grow by 2% which I think came from cutting costs and reducing inventory, which could be done by turning off some publishers and keeping it closed for new ones. In ad networks your inventory has to be equal or less than your advertisers demand or else it may cause your ad rates to fall, but considering Google, their ad rates are fixed at a minimum of $0.1 per click, so reducing publishers would not increase their ad rates. Their is still a confusion on why Google is doing this, if anyone of you know please do comment below.


Getting accepted
Below I am gonna list different ways of getting accepted into Adsense, but I cannot guarantee it, as I myself haven't tried it, but I can give you some tips. Go to Google Affiliate Network and click on sign up, after clicking on sign up it takes you to a page, where it asks if you have an Adsense account, click on no, and then click on sign up with Adsense now, go there and submit your application, why I think this would work is few months ago Adsense told its publishers that they would get their payments only if they sign up with their affiliate network. The other ways to get accepted would be apply through Hubpages and Squidoo, but you'll have to make sure you have a series of good quality original content.


Alternatives to Google Adsense
Well there are many alternatives to Google Adsense, but almost all of them can monetize only 20% of your traffic. If you really want to use an Adsense alternative you can use Adbrite, Bidvertiser, Clicksor, Infolinks and Kontera.



1 comment:

  1. Are you trying to make cash from your traffic by popunder advertisments?
    In case you do, have you considered using Clickadu?

    ReplyDelete